Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Determination

Let me take over the team's blog one last time!!!!  They are busy in Honduras and won't be able to blog until at least tonight if not later.

I would like to introduce you to Elizabeth Grimsley, a 2011 graduate of Manchester High School...not that makes a difference but mind you...Elizabeth is going to be 20 in August!!!!

Elizabeth is a member of this June, 2013 team in every sense of the word!!!  Yesterday, when Elizabeth arrived at the Akron Canton Airport to fly to Atlanta she discovered her passport had expired in March.  Now to most of us that would be a deal breaker.  Go home! Unpack! Learn a lesson! Plan to go to Honduras next trip!  But NO!!!! That is not how Elizabeth looked at it at all!!!

Her facebook status said....."Just as an update, I'm in the process of traveling to NY to receive a new passport. I'd like to thank those for the prayer requests and please keep it up. I'm planning on heading out to Honduras on Thursday. Praying that I have the means to make it!"  Elizabeth commented to someone .... " I will do everything in my power to be there."

I know Elizabeth and have known her and her family for many years!  Many refer to Elizabeth as Wizard but I digress.  She is one determined, crazy, hard-working individual.  I worked with her at Mission Akron two years ago and traveled to Honduras with her last year!  Below is what I saw on the Honduras trip.....


So do NOT underestimate her determination to get to Honduras.  She has booked her flight for Thursday at 7:15am...she will arrive in Honduras before Noon (Central time).  and has her passport.

 She said to me...."No one likes to get left behind and told I can't go. So I'm determined!"

Her next Facebook status was...."New passport in hand the next day! Tell me I can't do it. With God I can do anything. I'll be in Tegus Thursday! Thank you all for the prayer and support!"

This has cost Elizabeth around $700 which she has paid out of her checking account.  So those of you who offered to help.....I suppose if you don't mind...make your checks to Elizabeth Grimsley and smile at her DETERMINATION!!!  And please don't forget to pray that all goes well between now and Thursday afternoon!!!!  You can give checks to me if you want as Elizabeth will be in Honduras....Woo Hoo!!!!

Now you ALL know how much Honduras grabs our hearts and won't let go!!!!  What can I say....it's a God thing all the way!!!!  Praise Him!!!! Keep on smiling, Team SHINE!!!!! We love you all!

Love to all,
Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment