Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day Six

This here blog is being written by Joshua Davisson and Eric Somerville, please do enjoy.

Today was a very emotional and intense day, we built a house for a 47 year old woman who had 12 children and 8 grandchildren, 16 of whom all lived in the same small "house" . When we arrived we did not see the build site right away, to our surprise it was an addition to her current living arrangement and it was back behind her house. It was a very tight squeeze but in the end it paid off more than any of us expected it to. And upon completing the mother wanted to say something to all of us, she began to cry and said "I want to thank God first, and you all second..." This stood out to me personally because this should be the attitude all of us take when we do works for others, this is the primary building block to our faith. As it says in James faith without deeds is dead. As the day wound down we had dinner and began to head for the Jesus statue ,which is inspirational in itself, when we got there it was just becoming dark and we had the most beautiful view I think I have ever seen. You could see out across the entire city and the statue itself was enough to take your breath away. After taking in the site we met underneath the statue and had a time of worship and devotion. It was an amazing time to sit and talk amongst one another about the day and our thoughts so far on this trip. It's been a life changing trip, moment after moment, and a week of my life I will never forget. I am constantly amazed at the amount of love that can be poured out of one group and the amount of love one person can take in. To say I have found the true meaning of love is an understatement. Up to this point in my life my view of love has been skewed, God is love.
-Josh & Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment